- Land-use changes, Environmental factors
- Quaternary geology
- fluvial geomorphology
- vegetation history
- EARTH SCIENCES
- Environmental Science and Management
- Physical Geography and Environmental Geoscience
- United Kingdom
- Marnane, J. C., Olley, J., Tibby, J., Burton, J., Haynes, D., & Kemp, J. (2018). A 1500 year record of river discharge inferred from fluvial-marine sediments in the Australian subtropics. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, 504, 136–149.
- Kemp, J., Pietsch, T., Gontz, A., & Olley, J. (2017). Lacustrine-fluvial interactions in Australias Riverine Plains. Quaternary Science Reviews, 166, 352–362.
- Laceby, P., Saxton, N., Smolders, K., Kemp, J., Faggotter, S., Ellison, T., … Burford, M. (2017). The effect of riparian restoration on channel complexity and soil nutrients. Marine and Freshwater Research, 68(11), 2041–2051.
- Tibby, J., Barr, C., Marshall, J., McGregor, G. B., Moss, P. T., Arnold, L. J., … Moss, E. (2017). Persistence of wetlands on North Stradbroke Island (south-east Queensland, Australia) during the last glacial cycle: implications for Quaternary science and biogeography. Journal of Quaternary Science, 32(6), 770–781.
- Haines, H., Olley, J., Kemp, J., & English, N. B. (2016). Progress in Australian dendroclimatology: Identifying growth limiting factors in four climate zones. Science of the Total Environment, 572, 412–421.
- Shulmeister, J., Kemp, J., Fitzsimmons, K. E., & Gontz, A. (2016). Constant wind regimes during the Last Glacial Maximum and early Holocene: evidence from Little Llangothlin Lagoon, New England Tablelands, eastern Australia. Climate of the Past, 12, 1435–1444.
- Westaway, M., Williams, D., Wright, R., Wood, R., Olley, J., Swift, J., … Bates, W. (2016). The death of Kaakutja: a case of peri-mortem weapon trauma in an Aboriginal man from north-western New South Wales, Australia. Antiquity, 90(353), 1318–1333.
- Kemp, J., Olley, J., Ellison, T., & McMahon, J. (2015). River response to European settlement in the subtropical Brisbane River, Australia. Anthropocene, 11, 48–60.
- Kemp, J., & Hope, G. (2014). Vegetation and environments since the Last Glacial Maximum in the Southern Tablelands, New South Wales. Journal of Quaternary Science, 29(8), 778–788.
- Kemp, J., Pietsch, T., & Olley, J. (2014). Digging your own grave: OSL signatures in experimental graves. Journal of Human Evolution, 76, 77–82.
- Kemp, J., Kotter, R., Mellor, A., Oosthoek, J., & White, C. (2013). Diversifying assessment across the “Two Cultures”: student-produced podcasts in Geography. Planet, 27(1), 2–7.
- Petherick, L., Bostock, H., Cohen, T., Fitzsimmons, K., Tibby, J., Fletcher, M., … Dosseto, A. (2013). Climatic records over the past 30 ka from temperate Australia – a synthesis from the Oz-INTIMATE workgroup. Quaternary Science Reviews, 74, 58–77.
- Reeves, J. M., Barrows, T. T., Cohen, T. J., Kiem, A. S., Bostock, H. C., Fitzsimmons, K. E., … Members, O.-I. (2013). Climate variability over the last 35,000 years recorded in marine and terrestrial archives in the Australian region: an OZ-INTIMATE compilation. Quaternary Science Reviews, 74, 21–34.
- Kemp, J., Mellor, A., Kotter, R., & Oosthoek, J. W. (2012). Student-produced podcasts as an assessment tool: an example from geomorphology. Journal of Geography in Higher Education, 36(1), 117–130.
- (2017). Open Order OSL Dating Service
- (2016). Single grain OSL dating of YIN14-025, Unit 1, Bag #1034 & #1035 (Job WRL 16-01-01)
- (2015). Mid-Brisbane River Raw Water Quality Improvement Options - (annual workplan 2015/2016)
- (2014). Geomorphology and groundwater-surface water interactions in Mid Brisbane River
- (2014). Predicting events that are likely to cause significant turbidity issues in the Mt Crosby catchment
- (2013). A two thousand year record of river floods from SE Queensland using ITRAX-XRF core scanning technology
- (2013). Kiacatoo Man: biology, archaeology and environment at the Last Glacial Maximum
- (2011). The last glacial maximum conundrum and environmental responses of the Australian continent to climage change
Teacher, In Person, Gold Coast Campus, Semester 2, 2017.
Teacher, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 2, 2017.
Convenor, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 1, 2017.
Teacher, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 1, 2017.
Convenor, In Person, Gold Coast Campus, Semester 2, 2016.
Teacher, In Person, Gold Coast Campus, Semester 2, 2016.
Convenor, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 2, 2016.
Teacher, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 2, 2016.
Teacher, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 1, 2016.
Teacher, In Person, Gold Coast Campus, Semester 2, 2015.
Teacher, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 2, 2015.
Teacher, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 1, 2015.
Teacher, In Person, Gold Coast Campus, Semester 2, 2014.
Teacher, In Person, Nathan Campus, Semester 2, 2014.
Heather Haines (2018) The application of dendrochronology to reconstruct long-term rainfall records for subtropical southeast Queensland. PhD awardedKatherine Parsons (submitted) Not all droughts are equal: Understanding the climate drivers of wind erosion (ENSO, SAM and IOD)Aaron Fogel (in prep.) Understanding Human-Environment Interaction Through Predictive Modelling and Archaeological GeophysicsRichard Sharpe (in prep.) Hydraulic thresholds for flood-induced removal of riparian vegetation in South East Queensland riversBen Love (in prep.) Dust Event Provenance Model in the Mallee, using Meterological records, particle size, & mineralogy.Tyler Kelly (in prep.)
PhD Doctor of Philosophy, The Australian National University - 2002
BScHons Bachelor Of Science With Honours, The Australian National University - 1993
BA Bachelor of Arts, The Australian National University - 1993