Are you Glenn Finger?
Edit your profile
Emeritus Professor Glenn Finger was the Dean (Learning and Teaching) of the Arts, Education and Law Group from 2011-2015, the Deputy Dean (Learning and Teaching) of the Faculty of Education from 2007-2010, and the Deputy Director, Centre for Learning Research from 2005-2006. He has researched and published extensively on digital technologies and learning and teaching, with many publications. For his outstanding University teaching focusing on technologies, Emeritus Finger has won various teaching awards and citations, including the QSITE Fuji Xerox Outstanding Leader of the Year Award, the Australian Learning and Teaching Council Award for Teaching Excellence (Social Sciences) in 2009, Australian Teacher Education Association Pearson Education Teacher Educator of the Year in 2008, and an Australian Learning and Teaching Council Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning in 2008. He has also been awarded numerous Outstanding Paper Awards at key International and national conferences, and he was the Chair of the Research and Evaluation Working Group of the Teaching Teachers for the Future Project. He is a Fellow of the Australian College of Educators. Prior to his appointment at Griffith University in 1999, Professor Finger had served with Education Queensland for more than 24 years as a physical education specialist, primary school teacher, Deputy Principal and Acting Principal in a wide variety of educational settings.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research2016 - 2019
- Diploma of TeachingNorth Brisbane College of Advanced Education at Kedron Park1 Jan 1972 - 1 Jan 1974
- Doctor of PhilosophyGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia1 Jan 1992 - 1 Jan 1997
- Bachelor of Education StudiesThe University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia1 Jan 1977 - 1 Jan 1980
- Master of EducationUniversity of New England, Armidale, Australia1 Jan 1981 - 1 Jan 1985