Vanessa e Souza Reis
Are you Vanessa e Souza Reis?
Edit your profile
I am a biologist with training in ecology of freshwater ecosystems. I have experience working on the tropical rivers and streams of the Amazon and the Atlantic forest in Brazil. My background involves studies on ecology of freshwater fish, species distribution and, community ecology. More recently I have been dedicating my career to develop methods on spatial prioritization, and systematic conservation planning to improve conservation and management of rivers and wetlands. I am currently working on the development of a catchment planning tool to guide integrated management for river rehabilitation in South East Queensland.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberAustralian Rivers Institute2018
- PhD in Environmental ScienceGriffith University, Nathan, Australia22 Sep 2014 - 22 Oct 2018
- MSc in EcologyFederal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil1 Mar 2009 - 6 May 2011
- BSc in Biological Sciences with emphasis in EcologyFederal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil5 Jul 2004 - 1 Jul 2008
- EnglishCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- PortugueseCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- Spanish - Latin AmericanCan read, speak and understand