Are you Susana Eisenchlas?
Edit your profile
SUSANA A. EISENCHLAS teaches Linguistics/Applied Linguistics in the School of Humanities, Languages and Social Science. She obtained her MA and PhD in Linguistics at the University of Queensland. Her PhD thesis dealt with first language acquisition of Spanish syntax. Since then, Susana has published widely in the areas of intercultural communication, gender studies, first/second language acquisition, and more recently, bilingualism and biliteracy. Susana co-chairs the International Association of Applied Linguistics (AILA) Research Network (ReN) on “Social and Affective Factors in Home Language Maintenance and Development”, which currently includes around 130 scholars from 28 countries, and is an editor of the open-access book series Current Issues in Bilingualism (Language Science Press), as well as an editorial board member of academic journals on bilingualism. In addition to her academic work, Susana has been actively involved in outreach activities, promoting the benefits of bi/multilingualism in migrant and refugee communities in Australia through public talks and workshops.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Asia Institute1 Jan 2003 - 1 Jan 2011
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research1 Jan 2015 - 1 Jan 2017
- MemberGriffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research1 Jan 2015
- Bachelor of ArtsHebrew University of Jerusalem1 Jan 1980 - 1 Jan 1982
- Master Of Arts In Applied LinguisticsThe University of Queensland1 Jan 1994 - 1 Jan 1995
- Doctor Of PhilosophyThe University of Queensland1 Jan 1996 - 1 Jan 2001
- EnglishCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- Spanish - Latin AmericanCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- HebrewCan read, write, speak and understand