Are you Sravan Pingali?
Edit your profile
I am a lecturer in Aviation Human Factors. I currently teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses (subjects), as well as supervise student research projects. The courses I teach are offered to pilots and non-pilots. Through my courses I highlight the importance of human factors to maintain safety in the aviation industry. I recently completed my PhD. My thesis compared pilot scanning patterns in different type of cockpit. I am continuing research in various areas of Aviation Human Factors. Currently, I am engaged in psychological and physiological research topics. On the administrative side, I am the Program Director for Bachelor of Aviation. This program is the flagship program in Griffith Aviation, with almost 500 students. I am also a licenced pilot and I fly regularly. This allows me to provide practical examples in my class. Apart from that, it helps while I am conducting scientific experiments. My pursuit of a career in Aviation Human Factors started when I was an undergraduate psychology student and I have a long term career goal in academia.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- Aviation LecturerGriffith University, Griffith Aviation, Brisbane, Australia2016
- Program Director: Bachelor of AviationGriffith University, Griffith Aviation, Brisbane, Australia2019
- Program Advisor: Bachelor of AviationGriffith University, Griffith Aviation, Brisbane, Australia2018
- First Year Coordinator: Undergraduate Aviation ProgramsGriffith University, Griffith Aviation, Brisbane, Australia2016
- Aviation Lab AssistantSwinburne University of Technology, Department of Aviation, Melbourne, Australia2012 - 2015
- Sessional AcademicUniversity of Ballarat, School of Science, Engineering and Information Technology, Ballarat, Australia2006 - 2011
- Executive Committee MemberBallarat Astronomical Society, Ballarat, Australia2005
- Doctor of PhilosophySwinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
- Master of Information TechnologyUniversity of Ballarat, Ballarat, Australia
- Bachelor of PsychologyUniversity of Ballarat, Ballarat, Australia