Are you Roberta Thompson?
Edit your profile
Lecturer in Design Technologies Education with the School of Education and Professional Studies (EPS) Adjunct Research Fellow with Griffith Institute for Educational Research (GIER) I am a sociocultural anthropologist interested in teenage girls' everyday experience in and out of school, both on and offline. My research explores the interplay between teenage girls' friendship interactions, gendered discourses, social media, identity construction, and online safety agendas. My research has implications for cybersafety policy, school-level translation of online safety and well-being protocols, and the development of effective intervention resources. I have extensive industry and school-based experience in design thinking and problem-solving pedagogies and I am a design-based methods researcher.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research2020
- LecturerGriffith University, School of Education and Professional Studies, Australia1 Nov 2019
- Doctor of PhilosophyGriffith University, Australia
- Master of EducationGriffith University, Australia
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary)University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada