Are you Paul Harris?
Edit your profile
Paul is a registered Psychologist who has previously worked with child and adolescents and young people at risk of suicide and self-harm in the public sector and private practice. He held positions in service provision and health policy in Mental Health, Population Health and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health including management roles in community health and health service planning with Queensland Health. He also worked as the regional manager for a not-for-profit organisation in South-East Queensland overseeing a range of integrated early years services and community-based mental health support services. In 2014 he was awarded the Health Services Research Association of Australian and New Zealand’s PhD Student Prize. Paul’s research interests include the public’s health care preferences; the social determinants of health; the evaluation of emerging service models; child and youth wellbeing; digital storytelling and inclusive practices with people with disabilities, and building capacity for research and innovation in undergraduate curriculum and assessment development. He is currently employed as a Senior Lecturer within the School of Human Service and Social Work at Griffith University.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberDisability & Rehabilitation2018
- Bachelor Of Science With HonoursUniversity of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Australia1995 - 1996
- Bachelor of Applied ScienceUniversity of Southern Queensland, Toowoomba, Australia1992 - 1995
- Doctor of PhilosphyGriffith University, Brisbane, Australia2011 - 2015
- Graduate Certificate In Health ManagementQueensland University of Technology2005 - 2006