Are you Nicola Burton?
Edit your profile
Nicola is a clinical and health psychologist interested in the behavioural, emotional, cognitive, and social components of health and wellbeing. Her work focuses on physical activity/exercise, health coaching and behaviour change counseling, and wellbeing. She has an emerging interest in sleep. Nicola has worked in government, private practice and hospital settings, and has 25+ years' experience in the university sector. Her multidisciplinary collaborations include exercise physiology, public health, medicine, health science, dentistry, education, physiotherapy, nutrition, and nursing. Her research involves the general population, older adults, employees, university students, people with diabetes, people with cardiovascular disease, people with mental illness, and culturally and linguistically diverse adults. Nicola's funded research totals over $5million and she has 120+ research publications. Nicola's work has direct relevance to policy and practice. She partnered with local government to lead the Active Logan Survey 2018 on physical activity participation, interests and facilities. She was one of the four research consultants for the development of Australia's Physical Activity & Sedentary Behaviour Guidelines for Adults, and the health psychology consultant to the Queensland Curriculum Assessment Authority for the 2017 endorsed Health syllabus.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberHealth Care Practice & Survivorship2018
- Senior LecturerGriffith University School of Applied Psychology, Australia1 Dec 2017
- Senior Research FellowUniversity of Queensland, School of Human Movement & Nutrition Sciences, Australia1 Jan 2004 - 30 Sep 2017
- Research OfficerQUT, School of Public Health, Australia3 Feb 1997 - 31 Dec 2006
- LecturerGriffith University, Health Sciences, Australia1 Jan 1994 - 31 Dec 1996
- PsychologistPark Road Group, Brisbane, Australia1 Jan 1992 - 31 Dec 1998
- PsychologistRosemount Psychiatric Hospital, Brisbane, Australia1 Oct 1991 - 30 Jun 1993
- PsychologistCommonwealth Rehabilitation Services, Brisbane, Australia1 Jan 1989 - 31 Dec 1990
- Doctor of PhilosophyQUT, Australia
- Graduate Certificate In Higher EducationGriffith University, Australia
- Masters of Clinical PsychologyThe University of Queensland, Australia
- Bachelor of Science With HonoursThe University of Queensland, Australia