Are you Mirela Malin?
Edit your profile
Dr Mirela Malin is a Senior Lecturer in Finance at Griffith Business School specialising in teaching Corporate Finance at both undergraduate and postgraduate level. She holds a Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of International Finance (Honours) and PhD from Griffith University. Her research interest is focused in the area of higher education teaching as well as behavioural finance. Her investigation in how technology has influenced teaching in higher education and how blended learning techniques have been used to enhance student learning outcomes has attracted invitations to present at blended learning symposiums and international teaching conferences. Mirela has been awarded a faculty Learning and Teaching Citation (2010), Griffith Award for Excellence in Teaching (Highly Commended in 2013), and (Winner in 2016) for her teaching achievements. Dr Mirela Malin’s finance research has contributed to enhance the body of knowledge in the area of return predictability. Her behavioural finance research investigating price continuation and reversals arising from overreaction or underreaction in the market has provided significant contribution to the industry through its applicability in the superannuation sector, managed funds, portfolio and asset allocation. Mirela is a member of Griffith Centre for Personal Finance and Superannuation, Australian Institute of Company Directors and a senior associate of FINSIA (Financial Services Institute of Australia).
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- Deputy Director MBAGriffith University, Australia9 Mar 2020
- Member of Griffith Centre for Personal Finance and SuperannuationGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia1 Jan 2010
- Member of BIG Behavioural Insights GroupGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia1 Jan 2018
- Senior AssociateFINSIA - Financial Services Institute of Australia, Australia1 May 2009
- Affiliate MemberAICD - Australian Institute of Company Directors, Australia1 Feb 2019
- PhDGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Bachelor of International Finance (Honours)Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Bachelor of BusinessGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia
- Graduate Certificate in Higher EducationGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia