Are you Kevin Larkin?
Edit your profile
Kevin Larkin is an Associate Professor (Mathematics Education) at Griffith University. He is a member of a number of research teams investigating: STEM education in early years education; mathematics education in primary and middle school contexts; and pre-service teacher mathematics education. He has published widely in national and international publications in the areas of mathematics education, digital technologies, early years STEM, higher education, and Activity Theory. He is an editor of the Mathematics Education Research Journal (MERJ) and former Chief Editor of the International Journal for Mathematics Teaching and Learning (IJMTL). He is a Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy and Senior Fellow of the Griffith Learning and Teaching Academy. He is the inaugural Chapter Chair for the Arts Education and Law Group Learning and Teaching Academy. Kevin has received numerous awards for his teaching including Griffith University Teacher of the Year in 2016, a National Citation for Inspiring Learning in 2017, and the Australian University Teacher of the Year Award in 2018. Prior to working at Griffith University, Kevin had 15 years’ experience as a Primary classroom teacher and 14 years as deputy principal.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research2012
- Doctor of EducationGriffith University, Australia
- Masters of Educational StudiesGriffith University, BENOWA, Australia
- Masters of Educational LeadershipAustralian Catholic University, Australia
- Graduate Diploma of Arts (Leadership)Australian Catholic University, Australia
- Bachelor of EducationAustralian Catholic University, Australia
- Diploma of TeachingQueensland University of Technology, Australia