Are you Kirsten Small?
Edit your profile
Kirsten is a specialist obstetrician gynaecologist, with years of experience in both the public and private sectors. She joined the Midwifery@Griffith teaching team in 2012, focussing on anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and evidence-based practice. The writing of the midwifery prescribing course within the Masters of Primary Maternity care program was lead by Kirsten, and continues to be the most popular midwifery prescribing course in Australia. Kirsten has recently completed a PhD, focussing on the social effects of central fetal monitoring on the work of maternity clinicians. This research used Institutional Ethnography as the methodology. She has ongoing research interests in fetal monitoring, supporting physiological labour and birth, inter-professional power in maternity care and the social organisation of healthcare systems. Kirsten is available for Masters and PhD supervision. Please contact her directly for further information on postgraduate opportunities.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- LecturerGriffith University, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Gold Coast, Australia2012
- LecturerFlinders University, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Adelaide, Australia2011 - 2012
- Locum Obstetrician Gynaecologistvarious, Australia2012
- Project OfficerAdvanced Life Support Obstetrics, Australia2012 - 2012
- Private Obstetric and Gynaecology PracticeSelf-employed, Nambour and Mackay, Australia2001 - 2011
- Bachelor of Medical ScienceUniversity of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia1988 - 1989
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of SurgeryUniversity of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia1985 - 1991
- Masters of Reproductive MedicineUniversity of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia2007 - 2008
- Graduate Diploma of Health ResearchGriffith University, Logan, Australia2014 - 2015
- Doctor of Philosophy - in progressGriffith University, Logan, Australia2017
- FellowRoyal Australian College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Australia1995 - 2001Other
- EnglishCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review