Are you Joy Parkinson?
Edit your profile
Dr Joy Parkinson is Research Director for Social Marketing @ Griffith, Griffith University. Joy is a consumer behaviour expert. As such, she works in systems social marketing, transformative services research, service thinking in social marketing and social value creation. Dr Parkinson's research focuses on the design, implementation, and evaluation of health services, including digital services. Joy’s research interests include transformative service design for behaviour change in healthy weight management and more recently, service design for minority and vulnerable consumers. Behaviour change programs Joy has developed have directly engaged over 200, 000 participants resulting in improved health behaviours and health quality of life. Joy's exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills are demonstrated through over 100 publications and presentations, which include book chapters, articles in national and international journals, and invitations to deliver keynote lectures in national and international forums. Dr Parkinson has published her research in a variety of academic journals including Journal of Service Marketing, Journal of Service Theory and Practice, European Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Business Research. Dr Parkinson is a management board member of Australian Association of Social Marketing and the Evaluation Strategic Advisor on the Queensland Health Alliance My health for life Operations Management Committee.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberHealth Care Practice & Survivorship1 Jan 2018
- Member, Policy Innovation HubGriffith Business School, Australia1 Nov 2019
- PhDQueensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- Bachelor of Business HonoursQueensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- Bachelor of BusinessQueensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
- Advanced Service DesignMaastricht University, Maastricht, Netherlands20 Jun 2018 - 21 Jun 2018
- Graduate Certificate Higher EducationUniversity of Queensland, Australia