Are you Ian Walkinshaw?
Edit your profile
I have worked in the fields of English language teaching and applied linguistics since 1994 in a variety of roles in New Zealand, Japan, Vietnam, the UK, and now Australia. I've been involved in language teaching at all levels, curriculum and materials design, teacher training, and research. I now teach a range of applied linguistics and TESOL-related courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, and carry out research into pragmatics, TESOL, English as a lingua franca, and English as a medium of instruction at Asia-Pacific universities. I'm interested in supervising PhD candidates in these and related areas.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research2015 - 2019
- MemberGriffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research, Australia1 Oct 2018
- Doctor of PhilosophyVictoria University of Wellington, New Zealand1 Jan 2000 - 1 Jan 2004
- Master of ArtsUniversity of Birmingham, UK1 Jan 1995 - 1 Jan 1998
- Bachelor of ArtsUniversity of Canterbury, New Zealand1 Jan 1991 - 1 Jan 1993