Are you Ivan Gratchev?
Edit your profile
Dr. Ivan Gratchev is a Senior Lecturer at the School of Engineering & Built Environment, Griffith University, Australia. His research interests are in geotechnical aspects of landslides, soil liquefaction, unsaturated soil, reactive soil, and rock mechanics. He has published numerous research articles in leading international journals and international conferences. During his academic career, Dr. Gratchev has taught several geotechnical courses (including soil mechanics, rock mechanics and geotechnical engineering practice) using a project-based approach. His teaching achievements were recognised by his peers and students through several learning and teaching citations and awards. Dr. Gratchev has written textbook on soil mechanics entitled "Soil Mechanics through Project-Based Learning" and rock mechanics "Rock Mechanics through Project-Based Learning", which are popular learning tools among students. Dr Gratchev has served as a consultant for several industry projects and collaborated with a number of industry and research institutions including Queensland Rail and CSIRO.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- Senior LecturerGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia2014
- LecturerGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia1 Jan 2010 - 1 Jan 2014
- Postdoctoral FellowUniversity of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan1 Jan 2007 - 1 Jan 2010
- Research fellowKyoto University, Kyoto, Japan1 Jan 2001 - 1 Jan 2002
- Geotechnical engineerGeomassiv, Moscow, Russian Federation1 Jul 1997 - 30 Mar 2001
- Research fellowInstitute of Environmental Geoscience of the Russian Academy of Science, Moscow, Russian Federation2 Jul 1997 - 29 Mar 2001
- Doctor of ScienceKyoto University, Japan2004 - 2007
- Master of ScienceKyoto University, Japan2002 - 2004
- Bachelor of Science (Engineering Geology)Moscow State University, Russian Federation1992 - 1997
- Graduate certificate in higher educationGriffith University, Australia
- Postdoctoral research fellowUniversity of Tokyo, Japan2007 - 2010