Are you Gillian Ray-Barruel?
Edit your profile
Gillian Ray-Barruel, RN, PhD holds a joint appointment as a Senior Research Fellow at QEII Jubilee Hospital and Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia. Dr Ray-Barruel has experience in quantitative and qualitative nursing research, critical care nursing, patient assessment, and project management. Gillian's research focuses on improving assessment and decision-making by nurses to prevent patient complications and improve patient safety and healthcare outcomes. She is the creator of the I-DECIDED device assessment and decision tool, which is now being used in many hospitals worldwide.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research2010 - 2015
- MemberHealth Care Practice & Survivorship2018
- Senior Research FellowGriffith University, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Brisbane, Australia2009
- Doctor of PhilosophyGriffith University, Australia1 Apr 2010 - 21 Nov 2015
- Bachelor Of Arts (Honours)University of Queensland, Australia4 Mar 2002 - 10 Dec 2007
- Grad Cert ICU NursingQueensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia1 Jan 2001 - 1 Jan 2001
- Bachelor of ScienceNew York University, United States3 Jun 1991 - 1 Jan 1996
- Cert IV Training Assessment Certificate IV in Training and AssessmentMoreton TAFE1 Jan 2004 - 1 Jan 2004