Guilherme Vieira da Silva
Are you Guilherme Vieira da Silva?
Edit your profile
Dr Guilherme Vieira da Silva is a Research Fellow at Griffith Centre for Coastal Management. At GCCM, Guilherme provides technical support for the City of Gold Coast on coastal processes and develops research on beach erosion, extreme events, analysis and optimization of coastal protection strategies. Guilherme has experience in collecting and processing oceanographic and meteorological data, programming, and numerical modelling. His research interests include impacts of extreme events on coastal environments, beach nourishment and sand management, sediment transport, headland sand bypassing, beach morphodynamics, inlet stability, coastal flooding, wave forces on structures and far-field dredge plume dispersion. Before join GCCM, Guilherme worked for 2.5 years in the numerical modelling group at CB&I Brazil (Chicago Bridge & Iron Brazil) where had the opportunity to work for major oil, gas and mining companies, ports and harbours as well as working in beach nourishments projects in Brazil, Canada and USA.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Centre for Coastal Management2016
- Research AssistantUniversidade do Vale do Itajai, Itajai, Brazil1 Oct 2009 - 1 Mar 2010
- Numerical ModellerChicago Bridge and Iron (United States), Numerical Modelling, Florianopolis, Brazil10 Apr 2012 - 10 Oct 2014
- Doctor of PhilosophyUniversidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul1 Jan 2012 - 1 Jan 2016
- Master Of ScienceUniversidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul1 Jan 2010 - 1 Jan 2012
- BSc Bachelor of ScienceUniversidade do Vale do Itajai1 Jan 2003 - 1 Jan 2009
- EnglishCan read, write, speak and understand
- PortugueseCan read, write, speak and understand
- Spanish - Latin AmericanCan read, speak and understand
- ItalianCan understand