Are you Dawn Adams?
Edit your profile
Assoc. Prof. Adams is an internationally recognised academic with expertise in autism and disability. She has been awarded more than $3,000,000 in research funding in the UK and Australia. The overall aim of her research is to improve well-being and outcomes for individuals with autism and developmental disabilities. To meet this aim, she leads two programs of research with distinct foci (1) Mental health in autism and disability and (2) Challenging behaviour; presentation and impact on the family. Assoc. Prof. Adams has strengths in research leadership, research mentoring to early career researchers and HDR candidates across both of these foci and conducting methodologically strong research with translatable and meaningful outcomes. Assoc. Prof. Adams is passionate about translating research into practice and regularly presents research findings to parent groups and clinicians. For details of her free presentations and talks, see Griffith University's Autism Centre of Excellence Facebook page.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research2018
- Graduate Diploma Of PsychologyUniversity College London2011 - 2011
- Doctor Of PhilosophyUniversity of Birmingham2003 - 2006
- Doctor Of Psychology ClinicalUniversity of Southampton2006 - 2009
- Bachelor Of Science With HonoursUniversity of Birmingham2000 - 2003