Are you Dinesh Palipana?
Edit your profile
Dinesh Palipana was the first quadriplegic medical intern in Queensland, and the second person to graduate medical school with quadriplegia in Australia. Dinesh Palipana earned a Bachelor of Laws (LLB), prior to completing his Doctor of Medicine (MD) at the Griffith University. He has completed an Advanced Clerkship in Radiology at the Harvard University. Halfway through medical school, he was involved in a catastrophic motor vehicle accident that caused a cervical spinal cord injury. As a result of his injury and experiences, Dinesh Palipana has been an advocate for inclusivity in medicine and the workplace generally. He is a founding member of Doctors with Disabilities Australia. Dinesh Palipana is currently a resident medical officer at the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service. He is a lecturer at the Griffith University and adjunct research fellow at the Menzies Health Institute of Queensland. He has research interests in spinal cord injury, particularly with novel rehabilitation techniques. Dinesh Palipana is the Gold Coast University Hospital's representative in the Australian Medical Association Queensland's Council of Doctors in Training. He is a member of the scientific advisory committee of the Perry Cross Spinal Research Foundation, and the Ambassador Council at the Hopkins Centre. Dinesh was the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service's Junior Doctor of the Year for 2018. He was awarded the Medal of the Order of Australia in 2019.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberDisability & Rehabilitation2019
- LecturerGriffith University, School of Medicine, Australia1 Jan 2018
- Associate LecturerGriffith University, School of Medicine, Australia1 Jan 2017 - 1 Jan 2018
- Adjunct Research FellowMenzies Health Institute of Queensland, Australia1 Jan 2019
- InternGold Coast Hospital and Health Service, Australia1 Jan 2017 - 1 Jan 2018
- Junior House OfficerGold Coast Hospital and Health Service, Australia1 Jan 2018 - 1 Jan 2019
- Senior House OfficerGold Coast Hospital and Health Service, Emergency Department, Australia1 Jan 2019
- Bachelor of LawsQueensland Universityof Technology2003 - 2007
- Doctor of MedicineGriffith University2008 - 2016