Are you Chris Irwin?
Edit your profile
Dr Chris Irwin is an Accredited Practising Dietitian, Senior Lecturer in Nutrition & Dietetics and nutrition researcher in the School of Allied Health Sciences. Dr Irwin's primary research area involves investigating the impact of nutrition-related factors on human behaviour and performance. He conducts research in a number of nutrition-related fields, including sports nutrition, with emphasis on the effects of hydration on performance and factors influencing the effectiveness of fluid restoration following exercise-induced dehydration; healthy-eating behaviours and factors contributing to dietary patterns and disease; probiotics consumption and health outcomes; and alcohol consumption and cognitive performance, specifically the impact of alcohol on driving performance. Dr Irwin has expertise in the use of driving simulation technology, including the development of specific driving scenarios for various research questions and analysis of driving simulation data output. His research involving driving simulation includes the impact of consuming medicinal cannabis and cannabidiol (CBD), with a number of collaborative projects being undertaken with the clinical team from the Lambert Initiative for Cannabinoid Therapeutics, University of Sydney.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberDisability & Rehabilitation2019
- Senior LecturerGriffith University, School of Allied Health Sciences, Nutrition and Dietetics, Australia1 Jan 2019
- LecturerGriffith University, School of Allied Health Sciences, Nutrition and Dietetics, Australia1 Jan 2010 - 31 Dec 2018
- PhDGriffith University, Australia
- Masters of Nutrition and DieteticsGriffith University, Australia
- Bachelor of Exercise ScienceGriffith University, Australia
- Bachelor of EducationGriffith University, Australia