Are you Cara Beal?
Edit your profile
Associate Professor Cara Beal's teaching and research interests include environmental health, water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples environmental health, Pacific Island community water management, resilient & sustainable water and water-related energy management, behaviour change and community engagement, smart metering and big data, schools water efficiency management. She lectures in the Environmental Health program at the School of Medicine and leads research projects at the Cities Research Institute and School of Engineering and Built Environment. Cara also teaches and supervises WASH students in the International WaterCentre's Master of Integrated Water Management.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberCities Research Institute2016
- MemberGriffith University, Nathan, Australia1 Jan 2016
- ResearcherSchool of Engineering and Built Environment, Australia1 Jan 2009
- LecturerSchool of Medicine, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia2018
- LecturerInternational WaterCentre, Australia2017
- Executive Committee member (HDR portfolio)Cities Research Institute, Griffith University2018
- Griffith Sciences Equity Committee (LGBTIQ+ representative)Griffith University2018
- PhD (Soil Science)University of Queensland, Australia2002 - 2006
- BSc AustEnvSt (Hons 1)Griffith University, Australia1993 - 1996