Are you Brooke Coombes?
Edit your profile
Brooke is a Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist with >15years of clinical experience and advanced clinical and research skills across a wide range of contexts including musculoskeletal, sports, rheumatology and occupational rehabilitation. Brooke's research is dedicated to understanding why some people develop persistent musculoskeletal impairments and to identifying the right treatments for the right individuals. She is passionate about improving the quality of life of people with tendon pain (tendinopathy), chronic pain and chronic diseases including diabetes, obesity and neuropathy. Brooke completed her Phd in 2013 and a postdoctoral research fellowship at The University of Queensland in 2015. Her work is published in leading medical journals including The Lancet, JAMA and Annals of Internal Medicine. Brooke has developed strong collaborations with experts in neuroscience, biomechanics, exercise physiology and clinical psychology within Australia, France and Canada. She has expertise in shear wave elastography, quantitative sensory testing, meta-analysis and clinical trials. Brooke joined Griffith University in 2018 where she is a lecturer in Physiotherapy. She takes pride in helping students to become confident, capable practitioners and lifelong learners. Brooke has supervised 3 Honours students and 1 PhD student to completion. Brooke is happy to discuss future research opportunities with clinicians or potential research scholars.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberDisability & Rehabilitation2019
- LecturerGriffith University, Allied Health Sciences, Brisbane, Australia1 Sep 2018
- Post doctoral research fellowThe University of Queensland, School of Biomedical Sciences, Brisbane, Australia1 Jan 2015
- Post doctoral research fellowThe University of Queensland, School of Allied Health Sciences, Brisbane, Australia1 Jan 2013 - 31 Dec 2014
- Bachelor Of Physiotherapy With HonoursThe University of Queensland1995 - 1998
- Doctor Of PhilosophyThe University of Queensland2008 - 2013
- Master Of PhysiotherapyThe University of Queensland2007 - 2007