Are you Ali Zaid?
Edit your profile
My work focuses on immune responses that follow infection with mosquito-borne viruses. From how viruses cause immune responses in the skin after a mosquito bite, to the inflammatory disease that follows after the virus disseminates, a variety of immune cells, in particular those that reside in specific tissues such as the skin, the muscle and the joints play a role in driving diseases. I use advanced microscopy techniques to see these mechanisms in action, in view of identifying immune cell subsets that can be targeted to limit the spread of the virus within the host after infection.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberInstitute for Glycomics2015 - 2019
- MemberInfectious Diseases & Immunology2018
- Doctor Of PhilosophyThe University of Canberra2006 - 2009
- Bachelor Of Science With HonoursThe University of Wollongong2001 - 2005
- EnglishCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- FrenchCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- Spanish - Latin AmericanCan read and understand