Are you Michael Howes?
Edit your profile
Associate Professor Michael Howes is the Head of the Environmental Planning and Management Discipline within the School of Environment and Science at Griffith University. He is also an adaptation science researcher with the Cities Research Institute and is the Program Director for the new Master of Climate Change Adaptation. Michael’s work explores how governments try to make society more sustainable and resilient, with specific projects on climate change, sustainable development, water management, environment protection, public environmental reporting, and ecological modernisation. Before becoming an academic Michael worked for several years as an industrial chemist and technical manager in the manufacturing sector. He has also been a member of the Queensland Conservation Council board and chaired a Technical Advisory Panel for the Australian Government’s National Pollutant Inventory.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberCities Research Institute2004
- Head of Discipline, Environmental Planning and ManagementGriffith University, School of Environment and Science, Gold Coast, Australia1 Jan 2018
- Program Director for the Master of Climate Change AdaptationGriffith University, Australia2020
- Program Director for the Master of EnvironmentGriffith University, School of Environment and Science, Gold Coast, Australia2018 - 2019
- Program Advisor for the Geography major in the Bachelor of ScienceGriffith University, School of Environment and Science, Gold Coast, Australia2018 - 2019
- Doctor Of PhilosophyUniversity of Adelaide
- Bachelor Of Arts With HonoursUniversity of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma of Environmental StudiesUniversity of Adelaide
- BSc Bachelor of ScienceUniversity of Adelaide