Are you Leigh Shutter?
Edit your profile
Leigh Shutter (BArch, MSc(Arch & BldgDes), FRAIA, QLD RegArch 2903) is an Associate Professor in the Architecture and Design programs in the School of Engineering and Built Environment at Griffith University. He has been a full time academic for 16 years and a practicing registered architect for over 35 years, working in and leading architectural practices in Australia, China, Japan and the United States. He was the founding principal of the Brisbane based architectural practice Planet Design Collaborative. Associate Professor Shutter’s architectural and academic career has focused on integrated scholarship: an ongoing and active participation in innovative application oriented practice, teaching and research. In recent years this work has focused on the application of new 3D survey and mapping technologies with a particular focus on urban cultural heritage. In 2018 he was appointed as a Visiting Professorial Research Fellow at Tongji University in Shanghai and is working on a series of books documenting and analysing classical Chinese gardens.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberCities Research Institute1 Jan 2012 - 1 Jan 2020
- Member, Griffith Centre for Design and Innovation Research (CDAIR)Griffith University, Gold Coast, Australia1 Jan 2020
- Head, CDAIR Human Habitats LabGriffith University, Gold Coast, Australia1 Mar 2020
- Bachelor of ArchitectureUniversity of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
- Master of Science (Architecture)Columbia University, New York, United States