Are you Kyra Hamilton?
Edit your profile
My main area of research is Health Psychology with particular interests in child and family health behaviours as well as accident and injury prevention. I apply social cognitive and motivational theories to understand and intervene to change people's health and risky behaviours, focusing particularly on behaviours of national and international importance (e.g., physical activity, nutrition, sun safety, alcohol consumption, drowning prevention, and patient safety). I focus on how psychological factors such as beliefs, attitudes, social support and norms, self-efficacy, self-monitoring, habit, and motivation affect people's decisions and what individuals, healthcare professionals, and policy makers can do to change health and risky-related behaviours. I am particularly interested in understanding the multiple effects of motivational, volitional, and automatic processes on health behaviour and applying integrated models of behaviour to understand human motivation and change.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberHealth Care Practice & Survivorship2018
- Bachelor of NursingQueensland University of Technology
- Doctor Of PhilosophyQueensland University of Technology
- Bachelor Of Psychology With HonoursQueensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma Of PsychologyQueensland University of Technology
- Graduate Certificate In Higher EducationGriffith University