Are you Jeanne Allen?
Edit your profile
Jeanne Allen is an Associate Professor of Teacher Education at Griffith University. She has worked in tertiary education since 2005 after an extensive career in secondary teaching and school leadership. Her research expertise is in teacher education, standardised educational contexts, teacher identity, and student engagement and retention. She was an invited contributor to the prestigious Sage Handbook of Research on Teacher Education in 2017 and her co-edited book, Learning to Teach in a New Era (Cambridge), was highly commended in the 2018 Educational Publishing Awards. In 2018, she was named national leading researcher in the field of Teaching and Teacher Education by Australia’s League of Scholars. She is currently the Co-Editor of the Asia-Pacific Journal of Teacher Education.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research2016
- Associate Professor of Teacher EducationGriffith University, Education & Professional Studies, Australia1 Feb 2016
- Member of Griffith Institute for Educational ResearchGriffith University, Australia1 Feb 2016
- Associate Professor of EducationDeakin University, Australia1 Jan 2014 - 31 Jan 2016
- Senior Lecturer of EducationUniversity of Tasmania, Australia1 Jan 2010 - 31 Dec 2013
- Lecturer of Teacher EducationCentral Queensland University, Australia1 Jan 2005 - 31 Dec 2009
- PhDCentral Queensland University, Australia
- MEd (Curriculum & Administration Studies)Deakin University, Australia
- MAUniversity of Melbourne, Australia
- Dip EdUniversity of Melbourne, Australia
- BA (Hons)University of Melbourne, Australia
- FrenchCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review