Are you Anne Roiko?
Edit your profile
Associate Professor Anne Roiko leads the discipline of Environmental Health within the School of Medicine at Griffith University. She has over 30 years of experience as an environmental health scientist, 12 years of which were spent working abroad (Finland and Hong Kong) in research, teaching and regulatory roles. Anne is recognised for her commitment to transdisciplinarity and for working effectively with government agencies, industry and community groups, to transfer risk-based evidence about environmental health issues into policy and practice. She was appointed as an inaugural member of the enHealth Council, Australia’s peak Environmental Health Advisory Committee in 1999, as well as the National Health and Medical Research Council’s (NH&MRC) Drinking Water Coordinating Group. Currently she serves several key scientific advisory committees, as a board member of the International Water Association’s Health-Related Water Microbiology Group , as a member of NH&MRC’s Recreational Water Quality Advisory Committee, and regionally, as a member of the Science Committee for Healthy Land & Water, where she also chairs the Human Health Scientific Expert Panel. As an educator, Anne is committed to preparing future health professionals to deal with the environmental health risks being exacerbated by climate change and represents Griffith University on the Medical Deans’ Working Group on Climate Change and Health.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberDisability & Rehabilitation2018
- MemberCities Research Institute2016
- Graduate Certificate in Professional LearningUniversity of the Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore, Australia
- PhDGriffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Honours, 1st Class)Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- Bachelor of Science (Australian Environmental Studies)Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
- FinnishCan read, write, speak and understand