Are you Alexandra Coghlan?
Edit your profile
Dr Alexandra Coghlan is an Associate Professor in the Department of Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management at Griffith Business School. Her research focus is consumer behaviour and pro-environmental outcomes of tourism. Dr Coghlan also has a BSc(hons.) in marine biology and is a PADI-certified dive master. She has a 20-year career of working in national parks, especially the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Her current research using virtual reality games as a way of informing tourists of the complexity of the Reef as an ecosystem. She has over 20 top-tier publications on tourism in the reef, and over 60 publications more broadly, including a textbook - Introduction to Sustainable Tourism (published in 2019 by Goodfellows). She was awarded an Australian Research Council Discovery Award in 2020 on Persuading tourists to use fewer natural resources when on holidays.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute For Tourism2020
- Tourism Discipline LeaderGriffith University, Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management, Gold Coast, Australia2 Sep 2019
- Associate ProfessorGriffith University, Tourism, Sport and Hotel Management, Australia13 May 2012
- Founder and directorEcoGames, Australia30 Nov 2018
- PhDJames Cook University, Australia
- Grad DipJames Cook University, Australia
- BSc(hons.) Marine and Environmental BiologyUniversity of St-Andrews, United Kingdom
- Dive masterPADI
- Graduate Diploma EducationJames Cook University, Australia
- FrenchCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- Spanish - Latin AmericanCan read, write, speak and understand
- EnglishCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review