Are you Stacy Tzoumakis?
Edit your profile
My main area of research expertise is developmental and life course criminology. Much of my research has investigated the intergenerational transmission of antisocial and aggressive behaviors from the earliest developmental periods. In particular, I have examined how mothers’ and fathers’ offending influences their children’s behavioral development over the life-course. I am interested in understanding gender differences in the development of antisocial behaviour. I also have research expertise in child maltreatment, juvenile justice, women involved with the criminal justice system, and intimate partner and family violence including family homicide. My research is interdisciplinary and I have published in criminology, law, social work, family studies, psychology, education, psychiatry, and epidemiology. I have been involved in the management and implementation of several longitudinal studies in Canada and Australia, including a large population-based record linkage study of children and their parents in NSW (http://nsw-cds.com.au/). I have developed and administered several online surveys. I have extensive experience in quantitative methods (e.g., trajectory analysis, structural equation modelling, latent class analysis, survival analysis). I have also held a Clinical Research Fellowship in Child Psychiatry that allowed me to participate in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of childhood psychiatric disorders in at-risk children and their families. I have experience in developmental crime prevention and early intervention. I developed, implemented, and evaluated a randomized controlled home visitation study for children with behavioural problems.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Criminology Institute1 Jan 2019
- Senior LecturerGriffith University, School of Criminology and Criminal Justice, Gold Coast, Australia2019
- Adjunct Senior LecturerUNSW Sydney, School of Social Sciences, Australia2019
- Lecturer in CriminologyUNSW Australia, School of Social Sciences, Sydney, Australia2017 - 2019
- BSc in CriminologyUniversité de Montréal, Montréal, Canada
- MSc in CriminologyUniversité de Montréal, Montréal, Canada
- PhD in CriminologySimon Fraser University, Burnaby, Canada
- Postdoctoral Research FellowUNSW Australia, School of Psychiatry, Sydney, Australia2014 - 2016Postdoctoral Fellowship
- FrenchCan read, write, speak and understand