Are you Tamlyn Rautenberg?
Edit your profile
Tamlyn’s current research at the Center for Applied Health Economics (CAHE), Griffith University, includes evaluation of new technologies for the Medical Services Advisory Committee and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee. Tamlyn is also currently working on a five-year National Institute of Health funded project in collaboration with Harvard Medical School; Massachusetts General Hospital; Mbarara University of Science and Technology; University of KwaZulu-Natal; Emory University and University of Rochester. Tamlyn is responsible for developing an economic evaluation alongside the clinical study (EEACT) and modelling the impact of resistance testing after first line failure in South Africa and Uganda. Tamlyn’s main research interest is developing health economic models (cost effectiveness, cost utility, budget impact) with an emphasis on methodological rigor. Tamlyn’s research involves all aspects of model development including conceptualization, programming, analysis, validation and reporting. She has developed models for the reimbursement of pharmaceutical and medical devices for European and UK markets including Switzerland, Sweden, UK, Scotland and Germany. Tamlyn has completed modelling projects for disease areas including gastrointestinal disease (acute diarrhea, eosinophilic esophagitis), oncology (non- small cell lung cancer, metastatic renal cell carcinoma, metastatic colorectal cancer), diabetes type I, relapsing remitting and secondary progressive multiple sclerosis. Tamlyn has done model adaptations for countries including Argentina, Austria, Chile, Colombia, Egypt, France, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, South Africa, Switzerland, Thailand.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberEPIC Health Systems2019
- Full memberMenzies Health Institute Queensland, Brisbane, Australia18 Oct 2019
- Postdoctoral Research FellowshipUniversity of KwaZulu-Natal, Durban, South Africa1 Jan 2015 - 31 Dec 2016
- PhD (Health Economics)University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom1 Jan 2008 - 30 Sep 2013
- Masters in International Healthcare Management, Economics and Policy (MIHMEP)Universitẚ Bocconi, Milan, Italy1 Jan 2017 - 31 Dec 2007
- Bachelor of Technology Degree: Medical UltrasoundDurban University of Technology (Technikon Natal), Durban, South Africa1 Jan 1996 - 31 Dec 1996