Are you Wendy Chaboyer?
Edit your profile
Wendy focuses her research on nurses' contribution to patient safety. This work has been in relation to adverse events, clinical handover, the ICU discharge process and more recently in the areas of patient participation, pressure injury prevention and surgical wounds. Her work in these areas has involved testing complex healthcare interventions. Wendy has been very active in the Australian College of Critical Care Nurses (ACCCN), and was awarded honorary life membership as a fellow of the College for her contribution. She was the Chief Investigator A and Director of the National Centre for Research Excellence (CRE) in Nursing; the first CRE awarded in the discipline of nursing by the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC). Wendy has over $9 million in research grants, over 260 peer reviewed publications, 13 book chapters and one edited book in its fourth edition. She has supervised 20 PhD students, 1 Master of Philosophy, 20 Masters and 2 Honours students to completion. In July, 2015 Wendy was inducted into the Sigma Theta Tau International's (STTI International Nursing Honour Society) International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame and in 2017 was inducted as a Fellow of the American Academy of Nurses.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberHealth Care Practice & Survivorship2018
- Group LeaderPatient Centred Health Services, Health Care Practice & Survivorship, Menzies Health Institute Queensland, Australia1 Jan 2018
- ProfessorGriffith University, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Australia2 Jan 2003
- Deputy Head of School ResearchGriffith University, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Australia3 Apr 2017
- Bachelor of ScienceUniversity Of Alberta
- Master of NursingUniversity of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Doctor Of PhilosophyUniversity of Queensland