Are you Sue Jackson?
Edit your profile
I joined Griffith University in 2013 as a Principal Research Fellow at the Australian Rivers Institute and was awarded an ARC Future Fellowship in 2014. I am a cultural geographer with over twenty-five years’ experience researching the social dimensions of natural resource management. My current research interests include the social and cultural values associated with water, customary Indigenous resource rights, systems of resource governance, and Indigenous capacity building for improved participation in natural resource management and planning. I came to Griffith having been employed by CSIRO. Prior to that, I had lectured in the Faculty of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies at Charles Darwin University, Darwin.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberAustralian Rivers Institute2012
- Board Member, Uluru Kata-Tjuta National ParkParks Australia, Australia1 Apr 2017
- Member, Scientific Advisory Panel, Lake Eyre Basin Ministerial ForumDepartment of Agriculture and Water10 Oct 2011
- Member, Murray Darling Basin Authority’s Advisory Committee on Social, Economic and Environmental SciencesMurray Darling Basin Authority, Canberra, Australia16 Sep 2019
- Bachelor Of Science With HonoursUNSW
- Doctor of PhilosophyMacquarie University