Are you Marion Mitchell?
Edit your profile
Marion is the Chair of Critical Care Nursing at the School of Nursing and Midwifery and the Princess Alexandra Hospital, Intensive Care Unit in Brisbane. Her research focuses on improving ICU patient and family-centred outcomes and enhancing education both in the clinical area and tertiary sector. Her research involves interdisciplinary teams and includes a number of research methodologies. She is a previous President and current Fellow of the Australian College of Critical Care Nurses (ACCCN). She was awarded Life Membership in 2012 for distinguished and notable contribution to ACCCN and critical care nursing. She is ACCCN’s representative and Company Secretary for the World Federation of Critical Care Nurses. Marion is on the editorial board of the journal Australian Critical Care and has over 100 research publications in peer-reviewed journals.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberHealth Care Practice & Survivorship2018
- Professor of Critical CareGriffith University, School of Nursing and Midwifery & Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane., Intensive Care Unit, Australia2017
- Higher Degree Research ConvenorGriffith University, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Australia2017
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours)Queensland University of Technology 1993, Australia
- Graduate Certificate in Education (Higher ED)Queensland University of technology, Australia
- Doctor of PhilosophyQueensland University of Technology, Australia