Are you Lauren Williams?
Edit your profile
I am passionate about the Dietetics profession and has been a proud member for more than 30 years. In my role as an academic dietitian I work to ensure the quality of the future profession through my program leadership, research and service. I currently lead the Discipline of Nutrition and Dietetics at Griffith University, having held the same position at the University of Canberra and the University of Newcastle. As a member of the Professoriate, I represent the Dietetics profession at a high level within the University and externally. I am a founding member of the Council of Deans of Nutrition and Dietetics, Australia New Zealand, and I Chair the Education and Accreditation Network for that group. Much of my research is interdisciplinary and team-based. I have expertise in both qualitative and quantitative methods, and my research interests focus on social and public health nutrition. I have published 78 articles in peer-reviewed journals (54 in the past five years), in addition to writing/editing five books and 29 book chapters. My H-index is 15 (Scopus) and is on an upward trajectory. I present widely at national and international conferences including an invited keynotes. I have supervised 12 research higher degree students at 5 different institutions to completion and am currently supervising 10 students at Griffith University. My aim is to bring those students together as a team and mentor them into becoming researchers of the future. I believe in the importance of our professional association, the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA), and have made high level contributions to the association including two terms as Vice President, four years as Director, seven years (to date) on the Australian Dietetic Council (the body that accredits university programs), seven years as Associate Editor of Nutrition and Dietetics and numerous Committee chairing roles including Conference Organising Committees. In 2016 I was the 12th dietitian to be awarded the title of Fellow of the Dietitians Association of Australia (FDAA).
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberHealth Care Practice & Survivorship1 Jan 2018
- Elected MemberAcademic Committee of Griffith University, Australia1 Jan 2020
- Conjoint ProfessorUniversity of Newcastle Australia, Faculty of Health and Medicine, Newcastle, Australia1 Aug 2011
- Adjunct ProfessorUniversity of Canberra, Faculty of Health, Canberra, Australia1 Oct 2013
- BSc Bachelor of ScienceUniversity of New England
- Bachelor Of Science With HonoursUniversity of New England
- Doctor of PhilosophyUniversity of Newcastle
- Graduate Diploma of DieteticsDeakin University, Geelong, Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Social ScienceUniversity of New England, Armidale, Australia
- Post Graduate Diploma in Health PromotionCurtin University, Perth, Australia