Are you Hong Zhang?
Edit your profile
Professor Zhang is a professor at School of Engineering and Built Environment. Before joining Griffith University, Professor Zhang worked at Department of Civil Engineering and Tropical Marine Science Institute, National University of Singapore. Her research interests are primarily in the fields of water resource engineering (flooding, river sediment transport, water quality and dynamics in lakes and ponds and groundwater flow) and the coastal/ocean dynamics (circulations, wave dynamics, mixing processes, wave-structure-soil interactions). Professor Zhang employs a variety of techniques such as analytical, experimental, numerical and artificial intelligent methods to obtain the theoretical understanding of the research problems and apply them to engineering practices. She has strong national and international collaboration on research in water and coastal engineering, and close links with Government agencies and local consultancy. She is currently a member of the College of Experts, Australian Research Council.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberCities Research Institute2016
- MemberGriffith Centre for Coastal Management2018
- ProfessorGriffith University, School of engineering and Built Environment, Australia1 Jan 2017
- Associate ProfessorGriffith University, School of engineering and Built Environment, Australia1 Jan 2012 - 31 Dec 2016
- Senior lecturerGriffith University, School of engineering and Built Environment, Australia1 Jan 2007 - 31 Dec 2011
- LecturerGriffith University, School of engineering and Built Environment, Australia20 Oct 2003 - 31 Dec 2006
- Research scientistNational University of Singapore, Tropical Marine Science Institute, Singapore1 Jun 1997 - 16 Oct 2003
- Doctor Of PhilosophyUniversity of Western Australia, Australia
- Bachelor Of Engineering With HonoursHuazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- EnglishCan read, write, speak, understand and peer review
- Chinese (Mandarin)Can read, write, speak, understand and peer review