Are you Frederic Leusch?
Edit your profile
Dr Frederic Leusch is Professor and Deputy Head of School in the School of Environment and Science at Griffith University. Fred also leads the ARI Toxicology Research Program (ARITOX - www.aritox.com) at the Australian Rivers Institute. His current research focuses on occurrence, fate and toxicity of micropollutants and microplastics and the development of in vitro bioassays for water quality assessment. Fred has a robust research track record, with an h-index of 34 and an i10-index of 63, and extensive international project management experience. Fred serves on various national and international committees on issues related to the significance of trace organic pollutants to drinking and recycled water quality, and chairs the Water Quality Advisory Committee, which provides advice in the ongoing review of the Australian Drinking Water Guidelines. He currently chair the BRAVE Committee (more info at www.bravebioassays.com), an industry supported think-tank to understand the role and potential of in vitro bioassays in water quality testing.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberAustralian Rivers Institute2010
- Deputy Head of School (Research)Griffith University, School of Environment and Science, Australia1 Feb 2018
- ChairNational Health and Medical Research Council, Water Quality Advisory Committee, Australia1 Jan 2016
- Doctor Of PhilosophyLincoln University, Lincoln, New Zealand2001 - 2004
- Master Of Science By ResearchThe University of New Brunswick, Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada1999 - 2001
- Diploma in University Teaching (DUT)The University of New Brunswick, Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada2000 - 2000
- BSc Bio Bachelor of Science (Biology)McGill University, Montreal, Canada1 Jan 1995 - 1 Jan 1998