Are you Debra Creedy?
Edit your profile
Professor Creedy is a registered nurse and psychologist. She is currently Professor of Perinatal Mental Health and has an outstanding track record relative to opportunity. For over 20 years Creedy carried a significant administrative load as well as providing research leadership in her discipline. She has been Head of School, Dean of Nursing, Dean of Health and Dean (Academic) of the Health Faculty at Griffith University (1995 – 2008). In 2008 she was headhunted by the National University of Singapore (a Top 30 research university in the world) and assumed the role as Head of Nursing in the School of Medicine. In Jan 2011 she was appointed as Director of the Queensland Centre for Mothers & Babies (QCMB) at the University of Queensland. In 2018 Creedy was named in the top ten Professors of Nursing & Midwifery in Australia & New Zealand for Education and Research Scholarship by Cooper S. et al (2018). This independent evaluation of impact placed Creedy in the top ten for both clinical and education research. Professor Creedy has co-authored 3 books and 244 CI journal articles, 84 since 2015.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Institute for Educational Research2007 - 2007
- Head of SchoolGriffith University, School of Nursing & Midwifery, Nathan, Australia1 Jul 1995 - 30 Dec 1996
- Dean & Head of SchoolGriffith University, Nursing & Health, Gold Coast, Australia1 Jan 2003 - 30 Dec 2004
- Dean (Academic)Griffith University, Griffith Health, Gold Coast, Australia1 Jan 2005 - 30 Apr 2008
- Professor of Perinatal Mental HealthGriffith University, School of Nursing & Midwifery, Gold Coast, Australia1 Apr 2013
- Registered NurseQueensland Health, Brisbane, Australia1 Jul 1977 - 30 Jun 1980
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) (Hons)University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia1 Feb 1977 - 16 Dec 1984
- Graduate Diploma of Education (with Distinction)La Trobe University, Bendigo, Australia1 Feb 1989 - 30 Nov 1990
- Master of Education (Research)La Trobe University, Bendigo, Australia1 Feb 1991 - 30 Nov 1992
- Doctor of PhilosophyGriffith University, Brisbane, Australia1 Feb 1995 - 1 Sep 1999