Are you Faith Valencia-Forrester?
Edit your profile
Faith Valencia-Forrester is a Senior Lecturer, and currently Director of the Service Learning Unit at Griffith University. Faith also lectures in journalism and specialises in designing and developing authentic university-led work-integrated learning (WIL) experiences that make a difference. Faith has combined her media experience, degrees in Arts, Law and Business, and completed her PhD in inclusive work-integrated learning with a view to developing an inclusive and diverse media cohort capable of changing the media landscape for the better. Her work focuses on social justice and actively demonstrates inclusion and equity in media representation. Her research into WIL has been instrumental in developing engaged connections between the university and the community. She strives to move media education beyond the typical classroom environment where the advantages stretch much further than students gaining practical experience; their work creates real-life impacts and can address disadvantage within the community. Faith's last large scale project was a collaborative Event WIL (work-integrated learning) project running a multi-media newsroom for the 2018 Commonwealth Games with Brisbane Times (Fairfax Media and GOLDOC). She also volunteers at a local community legal centre.
GRIFFITH UNIVERSITY APPOINTMENTS
- MemberGriffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research2015
- Master Of Arts With Honours In Media ProductionGriffith University1 Jan 2003 - 1 Jan 2005
- Bachelor of ArtsQueensland University of Technology1 Jan 1998 - 1 Jan 2003
- Graduate Diploma Of Legal PracticeQueensland University of Technology1 Jan 2011 - 1 Jan 2012
- Bachelor of LawsQueensland University of Technology1 Jan 2007 - 1 Jan 2010
- Bachelor Of Business CommunicationQueensland University of Technology1 Jan 1998 - 1 Jan 2003
- Doctor of PhilosophyGriffith University, Brisbane, Australia2013 - 2019
- Advanced Certificate in Public RelationsSydney Institute of Technology, Sydney, Australia